Tuesday, January 4, 2011

CONSISTENT......AWAKENING

Over the past few weeks over the Christmas & New Year holidays I have been catching up on some of the blogs I follow & a couple have struck me to the core.

The first was this post by This Sweet Life of Ours One Word . K.J was writing about summing 2010 up with One Word in her One Word series. As I read this my heart started to pound & my mind was running at full speed. It got me thinking to what I would want my year of 2011 to sum up to? What was I going to fulfill in 2011 that would see me at the end of it feeling a massive sense of achievement and personal, spiritual, and emotional fulfillment???????
I spent some time really mediating over this and seeking God on what He wanted out of me and our relationship for this year. I even had it as a topic of breakfast conversation with my husband and my parents on New Years Day. There was a lot of great responses coming from all those that I loved and admired, then it was my turn.........Lord where are you taking me? I commit to handing everything yet again over to You completely. I'm in this walk with You and You alone. And in that still small voice "Consistent" huh!!!! what was that suppose to mean??? say again God I didn't quite understand, can you please explain a bit more. "You my beautiful daughter need to learn to be more consistent in ALL areas of your life; with your husband, your boys, your family (even the in-laws), your home, your friends, and with Me". My heart sank, I had thought i was doing fine with all these areas but He knew I could do better, that I was only putting a small amount of effort in instead of giving it my all and letting Him lead me, guide me and strengthen me. WOW.

If that wasn't enough I then read this God breathed post by Marriage to Motherhood Naming her year Here Jessica talks right at the last paragraph about 'Naming her Year AWAKENING'. as I was reading this post this morning my heart starting racing as I allowed Holy Spirit to minister to me with this simple yet powerful word. As I was reading I found the song 'Awakening by Chris Tomlin' on You Tube Awakening and let God do the rest as I listened. I am still swimming in His presence as I write this.

2010 was a difficult year in many ways, though finally I can see the end of this season just over the horizon, glowing with warmth and peace and love that only MY JESUS can provide at the end of a hard road.

Have a think.......What would you name your Year?

Thank you to both Jessica & K.J for sharing your heart, you have certainly helped unearth something deep in me.

Kristie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment