Thursday, February 3, 2011

Perspective..

As I sit and write this my amazing hubby is crashed out on the lounge with a stomach bug, Master D is playing mariocart on the wii (he started big school yesterday - post on this later and today they rang me to pick him up as he had vomited) and lastly Master G is sleeping.
As I look around our entire bed contents is lying about the lounge room as we had to sleep in the lounge room the last 2 nights as its been soooooooo hot and the only air con is in this room,
The kitchen sink has enormous piles of dishes that are either drying, soaking or needing to be washed. There is washing that needs to be put away.
And my entire house is in dire need of a MASSIVE spring clean.

Even amongst all this mess I am grateful that I am surrounded by the ones I love, while today a family grieves the loss of a young man who served his country.
That the roof over our head is intact, where as some of those in North Queensland have had theirs ripped off.
Our water is clean to drink and in abundance, Townsvilles is not.
I have the freedom to proclaim that Jesus is my Lord, where some countries people are jailed or even worse killed for this.

 I could easily get frustrated and turn inward to wallow in my self pity but I'm not going to.
I make the choice to look outwards and thank God for all that I have and continue to pray for those around the worlds that are weathering much larger storms than I.

Kristie xx

2 comments:

  1. I love your attitude! I too am thinking of our fellow Aussies who have lost homes and have much bigger mess to start cleaning up than just the general untidiness of a lived in house! So thankful there's been no lives lost though, and joining you in prayer for them all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had a read through some of your previous posts - wow! You've certainly got a lot happening at the moment! It's hard to understand the why's and the how's of life - but we only need to know WHO. (I'll be praying for you in this difficult season).

    I hope your family are on the mend soon. Nothing worse than everyone being sick at once!

    ReplyDelete