Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Soaking It In....

Last night as I lay in bed unable to venture off into the land of dreams,
as our middle child sprawled out next to me. my word they take up A LOT of space.
I couldn't help but notice the way his soft small arm lay ever so gently across my chest and cup the side of my face.
I was immediately taken back to the days when i was his age and would quite frequently crawl into my parents bed when I couldn't sleep.
I loved the warmth they bought, the closeness and safety.
At that exact moment I realised,
This sweet love of mine was just like his mumma.
And you know what, one day he will be big and may not want my snuggles.
So for now sleep can wait, I am soaking in every last moment of this.
I feel honoured and blessed that he feels that when he is scared, he can run to his mumma and find safety.
That right there, That's pretty damn special.

No comments:

Post a Comment