Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Is It Ever Really Over....Can We Ever Move Forward

A friend lost her baby this past weekend.
A 20 week ultrasound appointment that had her excited to find out what colour would be the newest addition to her home ,blue or pink.
Aside from the annoying feeling of needing desperately to pee before your bladder explodes, the emotion and excitement, the jittery feelings that overtake your mind and body completely shuts out the annoyance of needing to pee as you wait for your name to be called. You are about to see your precious miracle again and see how much it has grown, the features that are beautifully developing.
You are about to find out the question that is on everyone's lips Boy or Girl.
This is most probably what my friend was feeling.
But for her those next few moments after her name was called, the small chit chat about how she has been going while she climbs up on the bed, as the cool gel is squeezed onto her belly, she turns to look at the screen.....
The lady goes quiet....
The next moment will forever change her life, her world will come crashing down around like she could never imagine.
Her entire body will give out and her breathe will stop.
'I'm sorry, There is no heartbeat'
These words......
Forever changes you.

I'm heartbroken for my friend, and I'm angry.
So many emotions are within me right now.
So many horrible, world crashing memories are filling my mind.
When will it ever stop?
When will it ever get better?

Her baby is gone.
My baby is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment