Friday, July 22, 2011

HELP!!!!!!!

Yes i know what your thinking 2 posts in one day, whats gotten into her.
I tell you its those adorable ankle biters who quite frankly are making me second guess everything I have learnt about one of the hardest jobs on the planet....MOTHERHOOD.
Ever since hubby started working a proper 8-5 office job, things have been more and more hectic and all the patience i can muster has been tested.
I am certainly beginning to doubt my competence, and to be quite honest I see more of cranky and I mean CRANKY mummy more often then I like.
Most of the day things are quite good, Master G and I hang out, play, watch movies, colour, and visit friends. He is still napping in the day so that allows me to get a couple of hours to myself which is amazing.
Then 3pm rolls around and its time for school pickup. Most of the time this starts out great. Master D and I chat about his day and what he learnt and what games he played with his friends at lunch.
Then everything shifts, EVERY afternoon without fail he is asking if he has to do his jobs, can he just do one. Or he just straight out tells me he is not doing them that day. I know that may sound a little lame but when its every afternoon and I lovingly explain that the jobs we have set for each day is so that he can learn to take responsibility for his things and learn to help mum and dad around the house, by the third day I have just about had it.
Then comes the drama once we get home, everything comes with an argument, whinging, you name it I get it. I ask him not to do something so he goes ahead and does it. I am so sick of hearing my own voice saying the same thing over and over again.
Which leads me into the crazy ZOO hour/s, those that have young children will know that time when all hell breaks lose, the animals burst out of their enclosures with every intention of creating major feral mayhem.
Now I'm at complete loss.
I have had enough.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you more than capable mothers reading this keep your ZOO hours down to minimal damage???????????????

Got any great scriptures that you use to help you??????

1 comment:

  1. Can't say that i'm a more capable mother...

    but, i've been getting together with some friends and having a big cook up each fortnight. stocking the freezer full of meals. that way, when the peeps get feral in the late afternoon, we can head out for a bit of fresh air, rather than attempting to cook with them at my feet. it's made a profound improvement to the witching hour at our place!

    xo

    ReplyDelete