Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Messy House/Messy mind

This saying has been playing a HUGE part in my life right now.
Because I have been sick for the last few weeks the house work has been a distance thought as I have been struggling to survive (i know major drama queen) from the comfort of my lounge.
My amazing hubby has been working hard at his new job, though it now means he works 2 jobs, one during the day and one at night (he loves a challenge lol), which has left most of the house duties to me. Well that is not working well at the moment.
Today I arrived for my incredible mumma to babysit little man so that i could get stuck into the disaster zone.
Hopefully I can get through most of it but I think its going to be a 2 or more day job.
I know though how important it is for me to have my house in order for the exact reason the saying says, My mind right now is not coping with all the mess and its not functioning to the best of my ability.
Even my writing is off. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I need some freedom and I'm going to do whatever I can to get it.
See you all on the other side.

Kristie xx

p.s Any of you lovely ladies got some great tips for keeping organised in your house? Or where I can get more motivation from lol?

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling! I function so much better, and am so much more productive when my house is in order... but as you know: not always possible with little ones, and busy lives! My friend Linda (http://rubyrose-linda.blogspot.com) swears by the Fly Lady routines... I seriously am going to give it a go!
    Have fun!! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh yes, I'm feeling you! I hate housecleaning, but I also hate having a messy home. I think when you're a SAHM, it's worse, because you're in the midst of the mess all the time (no escape). I'm not sure if I have any tips for you, except to perhaps just do one room at a time, nice and thoroughly. And a good old "set the timer and go crazy for just 20 minutes" always makes a big difference at our place with general clutter. Other than that, I'm pretty hopeless I think.

    ReplyDelete