Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Moments of Peace

Currently my two little men are in their room, playing, interacting and plain old getting along (upon my request)
YES I asked my 5 year old to take his 1 year old brother into their room and play with him so mummy could have some peace moments to herself.
Selfish mumma??? maybe or ,maybe not...
The last few days have been quite a struggle in the mothering department.
So many attitudes, trantrums, name calling you name it its been happening in our house.
Its almost as if the crazy windy cold weather has evoked something deep within my boys that has manifested in many forms.
SO MANY TEARS....(and that's just from me).

So right now I'm giving myself a few peaceful moments to gather myself and the crazy thoughts running about in my head.
Order and routine needs to be welcomed back into our home with open arms like a long lost friend who has been gone for toooooo long and finally returns with the hopes and dreams of new adventures and funness (not sure that's a word but I'm running with it).
Time to press the restart button.

Any words of wisdom or nuggets of gold you could offer in relation to my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Kristie xx

3 comments:

  1. I have no advice...this house is in much the same way! This mumma is having a early night tonight. The only thing I can say to you is this gig is hard work! It doesn't get any easier. I just rest in the promise that, yes, we can reset every day. Joy comes in the morning!! Thank the Lord for that...we're all in this together! I DO love this online Sisterhood we have!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. no wisdom here, but you certainly aren't selfish.

    i've started after lunch "rest time". no talking permitted. i can't get through the day without at least a moment of headspace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have 'quiet room time' daily after lunch (or sometime in the afternoon), but got out of the habit. I am about to reinstate it. I found when I had this time, the boys got a break from each other, and I got a break from them - everyone was a lot happier. YOU ARE NOT SELFISH - you are wise! There is nothing in the 'mothering handbook' that says that you can't have a little respite from your kids. Love you my friend xo

    ReplyDelete